- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in the spinach, bread crumbs, cranberries and sausage mixture.
- Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with sausage mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
My mouth is still watering from this meal I made on Sunday!!!