As this is December, we want to focus on staying physically and mentally well this holiday season. It’s easy to get off track and neglect proper diet and exercise. But we’re here to remind you to keep your motivation. It will pay off in the end, we promise!
Speaking of motivation, if you need an extra lift, the blog below is a good read on the topic.
We love providing you with news you can use! Please follow our social channels for more news and tips …
Motivation can be elusive. Sometimes you can’t wait to hit the gym and release the day’s frustrations. Other times you can’t seem to peel yourself off the couch. If you find that lately you’ve been lacking in the motivation department, we have some tips to help kick the excuses to the curb.
- Hold yourself accountable to someone. Whether it’s a trainer or a gym buddy, having someone in your life to work out alongside you and remind you of your goals can work wonders to keep your motivation. Drag your workout buddy with you!
- Start small. If committing to a regular routine seems too daunting, start with a more modest goal for continued motivation. Maybe you want to bike to work? Or try that group fitness class? Find what works for you and then go from there.
- Be prepared. Have your gym bag packed the night before so you set yourself up for success. You might even keep an extra bag in your car in case you forget the other one.
- Set measurable goals. Maybe it’s to run a mile or do 20 push-ups. Performance-based achievements are easier to get excited about because progress is more tangible.
- Surround yourself with fitness-minded people. It’s true: birds of a feather do flock together. Their good habits can rub off on you.
- Approach your workout as fun. This is your time to enjoy. Find something you like and stick with it. The rest will follow.
Do you have any other tips to add? Share them on our Facebook page!