WOW Congrats MAMA!!!
Finding out you are pregnant is an amazing feeling, and can be overwhelming. There are so many opinions and guidelines to weed through…..it could become a full time job just to learn the necessities of your pregnancy. The good news is that our bodies know exactly what to do! Do we have to be aware of the risk – YES. Do we have to OBSESS over certain foods, movement, sleeping, etc – NO!
Let’s just say this – if we start interfering with our bodies ability to carry our baby, it could create more stress and havoc on your body which could lead to decreased immune system, tightness and stiffness throughout the body, and an unhealthy pregnancy.
Exercise takes a crucial role in keeping out body in balance, both mentally and physically. Our bodies were made to move! Yes even during pregnancy.
Here are a few tips to get you started on creating body and mind balance during your pregnancy:
- Always consult your OB/GYN before starting any exercise program.
- Never start a new exercise program that is above your current fitness level or ability.
- Move everyday. Finding balance between movement, muscle building, stretching and core stability.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Listen to your body – If it hurts or is uncomfortable, stop the exercise and consult your OB/GYN.
- Meditate – Take time for yourself and just breathe.